Real Estate Leasing & Property Management
Friday, August 22, 2014
Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Team Partnership is offering a full-time opportunity for an experienced and qualified Construction Manager to join our Calgary team. Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to organize and oversee construction projects in collaboration with the leasing and property management departments.
• Oversee all construction projects in collaboration with the leasing and property management departments according to schedule, estimates, specifications and budgets
• Plan construction schedules while monitoring progress against established deadlines
• Prepare progress reports and schedules
• Perform finishing carpentry tasks including design, building, installation and repair work
• Daily inspection and management of work, subcontractors and staff
• Inspect and test electrical, plumbing, framework etc. to ensure compliance and conformance to drawings
• 5 years of experience in a similar role, with a journeyman carpenter ticket.
• Own tools an asset but not required
• Certification in Occupational Health & Safety measures
• Prior experience as construction supervisor, manager or field team leader
• Entrepreneurial leadership style and a “can do” attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer service focus
• Openness and willingness to communicate and respond to the needs of the company and clients in a positive, professional and supportive manner
• Strong computer skills an asset
STRATEGIC GROUP CULTURE & BENEFITS
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a career you’re genuinely excited about.
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience and advancement. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group perks.
Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
• Extended health and dental benefits
• On-site gym facilities
• RRSP options
• Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer! Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability, salary expectations and where you found the position, along with your resume to:
Attn: Tiffany Matson - Recruitment Coordinator
400, 630 - 8 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6
Apply by Email